Wednesday, July 26, 2006

One More Distraction

Ok…so I haven’t posted because I haven’t run. I did catch that cold and so I have been trying to be good. I was going to run yesterday, I was feeling “well enough” but I got guilt tripped out of it. (you can't go running till you are better...yes I can...you shouldn't...I'll be fine...I wish you wouldn't....FINE!!) GRRrrrr….we won’t go there right now.

In the mean time the boys at work entertain me…..

Silly Boy: (yelling from the other office) HEY RunnerGirl!! RUNNER GIRL!!

RGFL: WHAT!?!?!

SB: (Still yelling….God forbid they come to me) It’s official you are the commish!!

RGFL: WHAT?!?! (Now I’m going into the other office)

SB: We have elected you commissioner of the fantasy football league this year!

RGFL: I wondered if we were going to play this year with J not working here anymore.

SB: Yeah but since he is gone we need a new commissioner so you’re the new commish. It’s going to be a live draft. We will go to the pub and draft one day after work and drink beer.

RGFL: (I have no problem with beer and football in the same activity) Ok! That sounds good

SB: Ok set up the league…or maybe we should do it on paper.

RGFL: PAPER!?!?! Who plays on paper anymore?!?! No way!! I’m not commish if it’s not on the net.

SB: Ok have it your way…

What follows is a discussion of who has priority to play in the league based on prevous years of play and time in the office…not to mention the all tooooo important coolness factor.

Boy2: How ‘bout JC.

SB & RGFL: Nah he never plays

SB: What about….(etc… till we have a list that we can get 10 people from)

So some people rise to power…others have it thrust upon them while they are quietly working in the next office. This may be the last time they let me play in the FFL. Wish me luck!! Yet another distraction…

Look for me to run tomorrow and Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I even remotely understood that fantasy football and football pool stuff. Then again, I get to instead spend the money on shoes! :)

Anonymous said...

It's a free league. :) So It's hours of free entertainment and Monday morning bragging rights in the office. I only have to buy my beer at the daft at the pup. That is fine with me.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I see. Cool! I could have shoes AND football- it doesn't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I'm horrible at fantasy football because I choose based purely on aesthetic and/or cute anecdotes I've heard. My friend got me to trade away a fabulous tight end when he told me that his player proposed to his g/f in a yacht at sunset. I'm far too easily swayed to be a comish! Good Luck!