Thursday, October 26, 2006

100 Things

It seems to be a tradition that people for their 100th post do one of these sort of lists, and who am I to mess with tradition. So here are 100 things about me…How many did you already know? (I didn't know some of them...I guess you do learn something knew every day.)

1) The only things that make me scream like a little girl are Roaches. And in FL we grow them BIG.

2) Halloween is my favorite holiday.

3) I will not eat the meat of an animal off of it’s skeleton It’s a thing with me.

4) My favorite Muppet Show skit is the one with the birds on a wire singing Abba’s “Take a Chance On Me”

5) I come from a long proud line of smart asses.

6) I lettered in Track in High School.

7) I did not pass Physics II with Calculus the first time I took it in College….Now I teach that class. Funny that!

8) My favorite color is Red.

9) I am the keeper of the 3 cutest kitties ever!! (but then I might be biased)

10) I have a brown belt in Shotokan Karate.

11) One of my favorite songs is the HEY! Song….if I hear it most likely someone scored a touch down, hit a home run or scored a goal in hockey.

12) I am a patent researcher by day.

13) I took my toys apart as a kid...I usually got them back together.

14) My dolls got taken off the shelf in my room once a year….to dust the shelf.

15) I love animals!

16) I live in my jeans and sneakers.

17) There is nothing I love more than buying new sneakers.

18) I can play the trumpet

19) And the piano.

20) I was a band geek.

21) I buy outfits that are on the mannequin or the model in the catalog….someone paid a lot of money for a fashion designer to figure out that outfit so that it is fashionable and matches and I don’t want to bother to do it….I would rather do Calculus…..no really.

22) I draw stick figures….that’s my extent of artistic design ability.

23) I can make anything if you design it.

24) I like Rock (Hard, Classic, Alternative, Metal)

25) And Classical Music.

26) For the most part I do not care for Country Music, POP or Rap.

27) I dated two guys named John with the same birthday.

28) I love living in FL…I live where other people vacation.

29) I don’t even know how to do snow…seen it once!

30) I raised bunny rabbits as a kid.

31) My pet peeve is girls who use their boobs to get their way…you know what I mean.

32) I can tune up my truck and do the brakes my self.

33) I have a baby brother…who is bigger than me.

34) When my mom brought him home from the hospital I asked if we could give him back.

35) I remember almost everything…and I hate it.

36) I always print with big and small capital letters.

37) I love birthdays…everybody’s birthday.

38) My favorite Christmas carol is “O Holy Night!” (I like lots of others too)

39) I like our National Anthem.

40) I think it’s the best part of going to a sporting event.

41) I can sing Amazing Grace to the tune of both “Gilligan’s Island” and “House of the Rising Sun.”

42) I don’t like Orange or Yellow.

43) I’m finding 100 things difficult and I’m not half way yet.

44) I’m a techno geek .

45) I play D&D.

46) I own too many books…and yet I buy more…what is wrong with me?!?!

47) I own my own home and I love it!!

48) I was born in Florida.

49) I fell out of a tree when I was 6 and broke my arm.

50) I still climb trees.

51) I am the only brown eyed grandchild on my Mother’s side.

52) I apparently have a high pain tolerance.

53) I’m noisy.

54) I watch cartoons on Saturday Morning…when I can.

55) I am perpetually 4 years old.

56) I like to run…most of the time.

57) Today my favorite song is Hard to Concentrate by the Red Hot Chili Peppers….I’m sure it will change tomorrow.

58) I’m a ½” taller than my father.

59) I don’t like peppers.

60) I make a really good salsa (it has tequila in it…just a little bit)

61) Other than the salsa I don’t cook with more than 3 ingredients or 2 – 3 steps.

62) I could swim like a fish by the time I was 2.

63) I can ride a bike with no hands.

64) I can still do a cartwheel. (Mostly)

65) I was a girl scout when I was little

66) I snuck the boys who lived across the street into the house when my Mother wasn’t home to…*GASP!!* ….order pizza and drink milk and ruin our dinners after playing basketball in the rain. Shhhhh don’t tell….

67) I don’t like coffee

68) One of my favorite web sites is Lifehacker.com

69) I got a birthday cake shaped like a ghost with eyes that were lit so they glowed when I was a kid. It was my favorite birthday cake

70) I love real Christmas trees.

71) I’m a Buccaneers fan

72) I’m a USF Bulls fan

73) I’m a Devil Rays fan

74) I’m a Lightning fan

75) I’m a Storm fan

76) Ok I’m stalling

77) I take part in a medieval reenactment group

78) I believe that grace begets grace

79) I have several really good friends…In this way I am extremely Blessed.

80) I have a huge fish tank

81) I had turtles…they live a long time

82) I think graveyards for the most part are a waste of good real estate

83) And a source of torture when parents drag kids to look at the head stones of dead relatives

84) The Road Runner is my favorite

85) Spiderman is my favorite

86) I am beginning to believe that there are not 100 interesting things about me…I don’t think it bothers me

87) I have always owned a stick shift…even my 1985 Trans Am was a 5 – speed

88) I love long sleeved T-shirts under short sleeved t-shirts when the weather is cold. (yes in FL that is all cold is)

89) I haven’t started to lie about my age. I’m now 34

90) I think I might at 40….or not. I don’t think I care.

91) I rode my bike to the beach every day after school for years.

92) I have never gone to a High School Reunion

93) I might go to the next one…maybe

94) Red Velvet cake is my favorite…with the cream cheese frosting of course.

95) Aspertame gives me wicked headaches.

96) I couldn’t throw out my childhood stuffed animals so I donated them to a fire station so they could all go off to noble little lives helping children who were scared and had lost everything.

97) Every room in my house is a different color

98) I still know the name of every teacher I had in school K – 12.

99) I think this list was almost harder than my Masters Degree

100) I’m done

(yes I might have cheated….deal with it. They were things about me)

5 comments:

JustRun said...

Good job!
If I ever do this, mine is half finished because I swear, we have like 50 things in common.

Natalie said...

Those are great.

96) I couldn’t throw out my childhood stuffed animals so I donated them to a fire station so they could all go off to noble little lives helping children who were scared and had lost everything.

Still, one of my all-time favorite phrases: "Some of them [the stuffed animals] are a little.....loved."

Anonymous said...

Don't take this the wrong way but maybe the 101st thing is that spelling is not your strong suit. I really do like your list though. If this sounds like your mother it's because it is.

Runner Girl FL said...

JR - after reading your blog all this time I'm not surprised at all.

MB - Well...I really did love on them hard. We had many adventures.

Mom - Yeah well...we can't all be physicists or anything. :) Maybe you should have written the list.

Big Feet said...

I'm amazed...and I really want to hear your renditions of Amazing Grace!