Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crappy Morning!!

I went to the gym to run this morning. I had been giving my shin a break with the orthodics on their way and the anti-inflamitories working. Also some family stuff on Monday night made for a couple of not great days with lots of phone calls. So with things settled down a little I went to run at the gym early this morning. Ok…I’m tired….all the time. Maybe tonight I can get to bed early, not likely but I’ll try, 1and that may help and Sunday should be an easy day for me so maybe I will be less tired next week but this last couple weeks I have been very tired.

So I get up and check my e-mail and there is an e-mail from a student of mine. Trying to pull crap!! First thing in the morning!! He needs special accommodations on an exam. I gave his test to the testing center. He had to work and didn’t take the test before the test center closed. Then somehow this is my fault….go figure! So now he gets the test late. I am not opposed to someone needing the accommodations provided by the testing center. However….if you don’t know when the center is open…this is not my problem. If you ask me when it will be there and then when you don’t go when it’s there…this is not my problem. Add to this that my sympathy factor drops by an order of magnitude when you FELL ASLEEP during my review for the exam.

You have messed with the wrong instructor. I now have a log starting with Monday when he showed up for class but slept through the review. My log will go to the Student Disability Services office for his file. And from now on he will have a scheduled test time and a time limit on his exam. If he is not there….not my problem.

I have a friend who says that sometimes with him NICE is mistaken for WEAK. I know what he means.

Tread lightly.

No comments: