Saturday, January 28, 2006

Run while you can


Distance: 2.25 miles Time: ~30 min Bright and Sunny 10:30 am
Temperature: 62 °F Humidity: 55% Pressure: 30.42 inches
Mile Split: 13:09:57

Today's run went well. Better than I thought it would for sure. I ran so I wouldn't get any farther behind but I didn't want to. It turned out to be a good run and I feel much better now that I have finished.

I was kind of a mess this morning because I am worried about a friend who is gravely sick. He is one of my best friends. The doctors give him only days to live. I woke up not wanting to do anything. I know I have a million things to do in my life, none of which mean anything in the long run, but the kitties are unhappy if I don't change the litter.

We used to run and workout together, and since he got sick we have still talked of plans to work him back up to where he was. I know that he wouldn't want me to miss the run I am planning and if I skip my runs I will never increase my distance to 5k in time. So I ran. I feel much better and I have a better outlook for the day. Now I don't feel like quite the mess I was this morning.

There is another local run in March that benefits the leukemia and lymphoma society. I have decided to run in that one too. Maybe the money that is raised will help some other person not to go through what my friend is going through.

Run like there is no tomorrow

No comments: