Saturday, March 18, 2006

Friday's run and Saturday's workout!!

Distance: ? mile          Time: ~15 min          Clear and warm 10:00 am
Temperature: 72 °F Humidity: 69% Pressure: 30.16 inches
Yesterday (Friday) I ran for ~15 min with the point being to just go and do it for a time rather than a distance. I didn't have a lot of time so I thought I would try this theory. Then I wouldn't be upset that I was running late or anything. I think it worked well enough. I will have to do more of this sort of workout so that I can just go for a run. It was a nice day and I ran at the trail at USF.

Today I did the trail at USF for the fitness trail. I was happy to do all the exercises with the jogs in between. A year or so ago with Randy we had to walk most of the way to do the exercises or run the trail but not stop at the stations. I only had to walk once where I was supposed to jog and that was between the last two leg exercises. I could tell they were getting tired on me. I did complete all of the exercises at the highest “par” except the upper bocy stations. (I sooooo have T-rex arms!!) I guess I’ll have to keep working on them.

I found a really awesome resource on Runner’s World!! It’s a personal trainer system called Smart Coach. You enter the last race and time you completed and your goal and how long till you want to reach it and it gives you workouts for 3 days a week at a choice of 3 different intensity levels. Very cool!! I will use it to set up my next goal. I think that will be 5 miles. (5k – 5mi sounds reasonable) then I’ll move to a 10K…maybe. I don’t have a race at 5miles coming up. In fact I am having trouble finding races in my area for the summer. Not that I’m completely surprised at that so I may have to wait till September or October to find another race I want to do. In the mean time I can just improve and extend my distance. I know the summer will be tough because of the heat and humidity here in good ole F-L-O-R-I-D-A. (Yes, I sang it like they do in the swamp)

Tomorrow….hmmmm….I haven’t come up with a plan but I will need to soon. I’ll let ya know what I figure out.

Run Strong!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading many of your postings because I had to catch up, I have decided that you need something like Desktop Weather from The Weather Channel, or maybe even weather.com will give you the same information. On desktop weather, it gives you an idea of what you should wear if you go outside to exercise, and a scale of the "comfort" for running outside. Right now mine says multi-layer and is a 5 for moderate. It's kinda handy, but sometimes it gives you obvious tips (like wear waterproof material when it's raining). It also gives you the "feels like" temperature, uv index, dew point, humidity, visibility, pressure, wind, sunrise, sunset, and moon phase, all things that a weather nerd like me loves to have. It's pretty handy, you might want to look into it :)

Anonymous said...

Silly Weather nerd....where do you think I got that info for each post. :) I pull it right off of weather.com every time I run. I do it either before I leave the house or as soon as I get back. If it takes me a little while to get home I wait till the next day when the hourly reports are all in. ;) I have a Clock/Thermometer/Humidity gauge at the house too, but not a barometer. But I usually put what weather.com says.

I like to keep track of my progress but note that on really humid days or really hot days or really cold days, I may slow down. (What other excuse can I think of??) But then I can see how I improve next year at the same type of weather. And I can pick what time of day I want to run. :)

Glad you stopped by. Come back anytime!! ;)