Friday, March 24, 2006

More Pirates!!

Distance: 2 miles         Time: ???              Partly Cloudy 5:00 pm
Temperature: 59 °F Humidity: 53% Pressure: 30.04 inches
Wow a big cold front moved in. Well cold for Florida anyway. At first I thought I was going to be whiney about the cold and then I remembered that it will be hot way toooooo soon so I was chilly at the beginning but warmed up quickly and was very happy after just a few minutes.

I have made a point on these last two runs to pick up my knees every now and then to make sure that I’m more running than jogging. Also I made sure that my arm swing went from my midline in front to my hip so that I get the most out of the motion of my arm swings. It helps pick it up through out the run and make sure I’m not getting lazy. Every time I felt tired I concentrated on these two things and they not only gave me something to think about but also seemed to pick it up enough that anything that felt tired seemed to work more efficiently and didn’t feel so tired.

I have found another run. April 29th is the Draft Day Dash a 5K put on by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the benefit of some local charities. (I’m not sure which ones yet but I called the Bucs home office and they haven’t called me back yet.) It might not be a cancer run but I have to keep running and there isn’t one in the area that I have found. So this sounds like fun!! It is on the day of the football draft and starts in front of Ray Jay stadium and ends by running into the stadium tunnel and onto the field with the finish on the 50 yard line, while you watch yourself finish on the Jumbo screen!! How cool is that!!

Note that means another reason to do my favorite type of running:

P I R A T E R U N N I N G ! ! AAAARRRRGGGG <--Pirate for GO BUCS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day, I've got to see this pirate thing!
They are the nice pirates, right? :)

Anonymous said...

This run is the put on by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and being a big football fan I'm all in!! They are nice pirates because they are just big football players and unless you have a football and a different color jersey you are just fine.

The Gasparilla pirates is part of a fun festival every year here in town because there is a legend that the Tampa Bay area was founded by a Pirate named Jose Gaspar. So all kinds of piratey fun goes on for like a month. Tampa is very pirate oriented, including being invaded by Pirates at the beginning of the festival in a big Pirate ship that sails into Tampa Bay. Thousands of private boaters join the Pirate ship to sail in and then a big parade. Very cool!! In the end all it’s all a big party and fun so Very good pirates!!