Wednesday, April 19, 2006

HEY!! Who put that wall there?!?!

Distance: 1.2 miles     Time: 18:45 min     Sunny 5:00 pm
Temperature: 80 °F Humidity: 67% Pressure: 29.87inches(holding)
Note to self….eat something before you run!! I have “family dinner” with friends every Tuesday night and we call it family dinner because we each take turns cooking for the 4 of us and we always call if we aren’t going to make it and this is how we catch up for the week. It’s just a second family in town that I picked.

Anyway….I was squeezing in my run and didn’t want to ruin my dinner. (Which was a HUGE fantastic salad with fresh grilled chicken, romaine, carrots, spinach, corn, cheese, tomatoes, etc… with all the fixings on the side so we could pick what we like!!!) So I was very hungry and didn’t eat before I headed out the door. That’ll teach me. I ran the first .75 miles in ~8 min. For me that would be pushing ~10.5 min mile. An improvement for me. I was fine for another min or so…then BLAM-O!! I ran right into it. A huge section of the planet turned into goo and stuck to my shoes and made me work really hard at everything. A stitch in my side suddenly appearing didn’t help either. Moral of the story….have that snack!!

Eat to Run!! Run to Eat!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three things you should NEVER do on an empty stomach - learned the hard way.

1. Grocery shop...suddenly your bill triples and you find yourself purchasing things you never even tasted just because the package looks yummy.

2. Exercise...because if you do eventually make it home from the gym without passing out you might have enough energy left over to actually make something to eat and an anything salad sounds like a GREAT idea. Blach!

3. Use the Sauna...because collapsing to the gross tile floor of the gym and losing your towel in the process baring all is loss of dignity difficult to regain.

Anonymous said...

Oh I've been there. Terrible, isn't it? If I know I'm going to be running after work I try to have a small snack that has some protein in it about an hour or 2 before. The body needs fuel, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

GG - Is that advise? :) This advise I will follow!! The Sauna advise sounds like it has a great story behind it.

JR - I usually do a better job of planning but I forogt to think about it before I left work and when I was ready to run and realised I was kinda hungry it wasn't long till dinner. I guess I was hungrier than I thought.

I was glad dinner was salad so I didn't feel bad about wolfing it down.

Anonymous said...

Today alone I am guilty of numbers (1) and (2).

Anonymous said...

MB - I may want to hear what made it into salad?!?! As long as it didn't have to do with blenders, beans, and nutrition shakes. BLECH!!