Monday, April 17, 2006

Working back up...

Distance: 1.5 miles     Time: 19:28 min     Partly Cloudy 5:00 pm
Temperature: 78 °F Humidity: 56% Pressure: 29.97inches(falling)
I ran a new route that I mapped. It is just in the neighborhood but I liked it. Baseball and softball fields and the cemetery. Might seem creepy but it is one of my favorite sections to run past. It’s one of the really cool old cemeteries with the really big headstones. One is Jewish and those stones and graves are really interesting.

I was stiff when I started out but I loosened up quickly and today I’m not sore at all. I’m very glad. It really seams to be true that you lose your mileage very quickly when you take a break. I think 1.5 once more tomorrow and then up to 3 miles on Wednesday. If I have to walk part of the 3 that will be ok, but at least I will get in all the distance. The 29th is the Draft day dash and I would like to be back up to that again.

Running….not far…but Running

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love running new routes. It's a great way to find energy you didn't know you had.

Anonymous said...

I see that cemetaries are popular places for runners. A friend runs through an old one every morning. He says it's peaceful and helps him get in the zone. I can't imagine the tenants appreciating his visits with a morning "thump" "thump". LOL

Anonymous said...

I always thought running in the cemetaries would be cool and I'm not so worried about the locals causing a fuss. I don't because they lock them in the evening sometime before dark....I'm afraid I might get locked in. :)