Saturday, April 15, 2006

Adventures of RGFL

Distance: ???                 Time: ~20 min          Partly Cloudy 4:00 pm
Temperature: 83 °F Humidity: 31% Pressure: 30.02 inches(falling)
I had the best day yesterday!! Including the fact that I got the run in!! I really was getting antsy about not running!!

I slept in, I get to do that on Fridays when my first tutoring client is at like 11:00. My tutoring was really ON for both subjects I did. Lunch with the Physics Boys was good. My last client of the day called earlier in the week and said he had Good Friday/Easter stuff going on so he would see me next Friday. Fine by me for an easy day once in a while.

Since I had time (and I had thought ahead to bring clothes) I went to the trail at USF to run. I had decided that since it had been a little bit I was going to run ~20 min rather than a distance. Then I’m not so stressed about how I’m doing I just go till time is up. I concentrated on picking up my knees more so it was really 20min of running and not just running at the beginning and more “jogging” by the end. That was apparently something I need to do more often. (Like from now on) My thighs were burning by the end and today they are stiff. That is the only part of me sore, so that was the part that really got the workout.

I then went and got a hair cut (I was looking a bit shaggy) at a little place near the University. I just wanted a walk-in appointment. The girl was the best ever!! I HATE!! I mean H A T E ! ! haircuts because they always pull my hair. I have long hair and lots of it so they pull a lot!! Well she didn’t make it hurt. NOT EVEN ONCE!! It was the best, and she did a good job so I will be back!!

Then I went home and got ready to go to a movie with a friend. We saw “Lucky Number Sleven.” It was good I really liked it. Also I saw a preview for a movie of the type that MagnetBabe usually sees with me. So I’m sure that will be a good movie trip in the future.

I went home late and slept well and continued the good day by getting up when the kittens were hungry enough to wake me and then headed off to the Tampa Museum of Art, which is free on Saturday mornings, and saw the WILD THINGS: The Art of Maurice Sendak Exhibit. Where the Wild Things Are is one of my favorite books so this was really cool!!!

If I make it to my Mom’s in time for dinner tonight it is Meatloaf with rice pilaf and then egg dying activities…. Sunday is Church, Lasagna for Easter Dinner (YUM), Back to Tampa for a run, and finally some geeking out with the football boys for some gaming.

I think I’m doing OK.

Running with the WILD THINGS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVED the wild things book when I was a kid! Maybe that exhibit will come near me.