Friday, April 07, 2006

Wide awake!!!

Well here we go!! It is the night before the Miles for Moffitt walk/run and I am up late!! I mean it is only a mile and it is only a walk but then everyone is coming to my house after the event for brunch. I hope the house is clean enough, I hope the food is enough, I hope everyone likes the food, I hope the kitties are good, I hope the people are happy, I hope…. Well you get the point.

I don’t usually worry about people coming over and I guess I’m not really worried about any of these things all that much. I do want everyone to have a nice time since this is the first time we are participating in this event together. I want to do this every year, and I have been sooooo excited to spend time with friends and family of my friend Randy that I guess I’m just up.

This is it….this is what all the fuss was about. Let’s make it a good one.

We have a nice size crowd and I am very proud of our group and how we have stepped up to do something for cancer awareness and research during a dark period for all of us. I am sure Randy would be honored and would know how much he is loved.

Walking for the greater good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I know this is a little late...Miles for Moffitt was amazing. I really needed it, and I thought that the production we put on at your house was amazing. It was a lot of work, a lot of fun, and well worth it all. Thanks for getting it all rolling!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time too. I think everyone did, and I'm glad it all fell into place like that. I guess when things mean that much to so many people it all just finds a way to work out just fine.