Saturday, June 10, 2006

I really prefer Baseball Season

Distance: 3.1 miles   Time: ??:?? min    Sunny 10:00 am
Temperature: 87 °F Humidity: 48% Pressure: 29.95 inches (falling)
June 1st was the start of Hurricane season. I have never gone hunting for one but I hear it’s a good time. (I know that was terrible….sorry) Here it is the 10th and we have our first TD. That’s Tropical Depression for all you non-hurricane involved people. SO???!!! It is forecast to head straight for the gulf coast of FL. SHOCKING I know. This early in the season it isn’t likely to make it up to Hurricane status. (of course now that I have said that….SHUT UP RGFL) We really need the rain so hopefully that is what we get from this TD.

Today I went for a 3 mile run. Well that was the plan. I haven’t been very consistent lately and tropical season is never good for consistent outdoor activities without a VERY flexible schedule. I really need to get that treadmill….

The three turned into running 2 and then walking home with spurts of feeling guilty and also not liking how slow walking is and wanting to get home so I ran some more. That’s ok I hadn’t run more than 2 miles in quite a while, so I did make it that far. I think it is time to make a plan to run….and a plan for how to keep the plan. I know this is becoming a theme with me. “I’m going to make a plan….” “Missed the plan…” Blah blah blah but life has settled down a (very) little so I will try again. Someday I will have all kinds of time. I hope I still like to run at the age of 92! Part of the problem is….I think….that I had a goal to work for to do the two 5k’s a while back so I worked up to them so I could do them. I am going to have to find a local anything I guess to work for. Maybe even a few months away and a little longer. Hmmmm…..

Also I started this to get into better shape. So far it has worked but along with the level off in running has come a leveling off in weight loss. I have been stuck at –30 lbs. The break was good to keep things in perspective and not become tooooo obsessed with everything, but now a little hard work wouldn’t hurt. Just not losing ground is not working for me anymore. I am ready to try improving again….

Running to improve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping against hope for no TD's over the July 4th weekend.

Re: having a goal. That is my main motivator. Otherwise, I don't push myself enough. And, it's just not as much fun for me.

Anonymous said...

I hear you've been upgraded. Batten down the hatches and good luck. I hope this one passes with no damage.

Anonymous said...

Right on the money...a plan to execute a plan. That is what I need. Hoping to have it worked out before I hit 92.

TD to Hurricane...I never understood why in FL and these sensitive areas homes don't have shutters that work. In Europe we have no Hurricanes but we got shutters. isn't that odd?