Sunday, June 04, 2006

Get out of my HEAD!!!

Distance: 2.13 miles  Time: 26:14 min    Sunny 12:00 pm
Temperature: 84 °F Humidity: 60% Pressure: 29.86 inches (holding)
I went for a run this morning. I really needed to get out of my head!! So I didn’t plan on a set distance but just to go till my brain had stopped thinking tooooo much. So I got to about 2mi and felt good so that was the stop. I went to the park near my house. One of my favorites. And played Red Hot Chili Peppers – Stadium Arcadium. All of this did the job!! I got out of my own head and could be more productive the rest of the day. This is part of the stress release that happens to runners.

The guy who runs around the park backwards was there again. Not unusual for a weekend day. Today he was just getting started when I got there so I saw some of the other activates that I had not witnessed before. He did a handstand facing a light pole with one toe of his shoes on the pole. Then he scissored the other leg out to ~45 degrees and back really fast. Then after a min or so dropped the leg beside the pole to ~90 degrees then switched feet on the pole and did the other leg. Very interesting. Finally he stretched with both feet on the pole by twisting his body. Note this whole time he didn’t come down from the handstand till after he had done the twists. THEN he ran around the park backwards. I don’t think I could have held myself up in the handstand that long let alone wiggle all over in the time I was trying not to fall on my head. This guy becomes more and more entertaining every time.

My mind is racing!! (now If my feet would just work as well as my brain….)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about wanting to get out of your head. I hope and pray every day that I can keep running if only for that reason alone.

By the way, you should take pictures of the hand stand guy sometime. That sounds like a show!

Anonymous said...

I really think that your next goal should be to learn how to do the handstand like the guy, maybe there is a real benefit to not only run but to do handsatnds.