Monday, June 19, 2006

New 'Neakers!!!

Distance: 2.33 miles  Time: 30:14 min    Mostly Cloudy 1:30 pm
Temperature: 87 °F Humidity: 51% Pressure: 30.05 inches (falling)
I bought new shoes on Saturday!!
I   L O V E   N E W   S H O E S ! ! !  
Really, I’m a nut!! But I love them. I have a shoe cycle you see. The oldest pair is for yard work, then the second pair is for everyday. (note that I wear sneakers every day!!) and the new pair is for running. When the everyday’s get worn out (holes in the toes or flat bottoms so I slip in the rain etc…) they become yard shoes and I buy new runners. That way the runners never “wear out” and I don’t have to pay attention to the miles on my shoes. At least not yet. So I loved my runners so I am happy that I get to wear them all the time and now I have brand new runners!! And I love them. I even get the treat of wearing them all day for the first couple days to get my feets used to them. Only for 2 days, then I am good about wearing them only for running!!

Well Sunday’s run was in the new shoes!! I LOVE THEM!! I was going to go 2.6 rather than 2.3 (I knew the measurements of the USF trail), but I was getting a little bit of soreness in my shins and knees. This is typical for me with new shoes so I didn’t up the mileage from the last run, but at least I didn’t drop either, and I am not sore or stiff at all so they should be just fine from now on.

New Runners!!! YEA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for new shoes!! I always think that buying new gear gives you just that much more motivation to do what you're supposed to be doing. The question is though...what type did you buy? Did you stick to ones similar to what you already had, or spring for completely different ones?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the new shoes! Nothing like it!

Anonymous said...

I upgraded slightly from the shoes I had. I was wearing the Brooks Axiom and now I have the Brooks Adrenaline's. Similar shoe more stability in the new ones!! With my flat little flippers I need the arch support.

Somehow I no longer seem to be lonly in my craziness after such warm shoe crazy support.