Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Distance: 1.5 miles     Time: 19:15 min     Dawn 5:55 am*
Temperature: 75 °F Humidity: 92% Pressure: 30.07 inches (rising)
Ok…I did it…I got my ass out of bed and ran in the morning*. It wasn’t too bad. Other than the fact that my feet were wet from the dew in the grass and I really need to look into that pair of gills for breathing. That isn’t a typo for the humidity. That is what happens when the dew point is only 3 °F below the current temperature. It’s not that bad when the trade off is 75 °F to run in but after only a mile and a half I was soaked.

Here is the plan as it stands now. I want to run more….but the space-time continuum just does not seem to be cooperating with the 26 hour day theory I came up with. So each week I am going to plan my runs for the week. Each day I will finalize my schedule for the next day and decide when I will run. IF like today I cannot find a time to schedule the run then I guess I better to hurry off to bed so I can get up early to get the run in early. I don’t sleep too late but mornings are an untapped resource for time in my world.

So far it is working 100%!! (granted one data point isn’t much of a trend line but I’m trying to be positive)

Wake up!! RUN!!

(* Note to Big Feet: I was up early like I promised!! Drive Safe to NY)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you gotta start somewhere. That's actually my goal for the summer- run in the morning. It's so nice because then it's out of the way.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a start. Good luck trying it. I do have one fear: I am more awake at work this mornining. However....I wonder if this is going to make the day longer since I am awake for more of it.

Anonymous said...

The weather is so much nicer in the mornings. Things are peaceful, Morning Edition is on NPR and then all day you can be proud of yourself. I'm all about the morning workouts.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you for getting up! (And note the fact that I even worked to check...) That's really exciting...

On a side note...we're over half way there! We should only have like 6 or 7 hours tomorrow...thank goodness!

Keep up the good work! (or I'll have to hunt you down...)