Friday, July 07, 2006

One is Silver And The Other Gold

Distance: 2.0 miles   Time: 22:43 min    Inside 8:30 pm
Temperature: ?? °F Humidity: ??% Pressure: ??:?? inches (falling)

This was a pretty good run. I would have written about it last night along with several other plans to get things done I had, but a friend called and since we are terrible about keeping up (we talk about every 4- 6 months or so) we were up till 2:45 in the morning. She is my best friend from high school and while now we do not talk as often as we should and we don’t know most of each others friends, we have some people who overlap and we know the names of those others. We keep track of parents and talk about our domestic projects….she is doing this to her property…I am doing that to the house. It’s nice to catch up and we get off the phone after hours of conversation promising that we will keep in touch more often…..and we will, for a little while….then we get busy. We talk in July for her birthday….(She still has her call coming later this month) and we talk in October for mine. We never forget that. We often go to the same event in March. In between….it’s hit or miss, but when we hook up again, it’s like we just picked up our favorite book right where we left off.

Then there are newer friends. Also with birthday’s in July….Happy Birthday MagnetBabe!! I’m having lunch with her today. We met in grad school….many years after high school (like 11 for me) We lunch most weeks when one or the other of us doesn’t have people in town or when we are not out traveling our selves. She helped me move into my home and comes to my super bowl parties. I got a phone call the morning after she got engaged and I could not be more excited for her and her fiancé. I suppose in 11 years we too may call a couple times a year on birthdays or holidays. We will pick up where we left off each time like it was yesterday. But for now….I have a lunch date for my friends Birthday.

Yea!! Birthdays!!



(Shhhh...Iknow this post really wasn't about running but I think I have shin splints in my right leg and that is why I have been sooooo sore, but I'm not admitting that out loud... then I'll have to deal with it)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... Thanks for the Birthday lunch!

Anonymous said...

I love having friends from every stage of life.