Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One More Day!!

I have not run since last Thursday.

I did not get to make a new distance attempt to run 4 mi on Saturday, I did not run it Sunday to make it up. I did not run on Monday because that throws everything else off for the week. I didn’t run 2mi yesterday morning as I would have, and I won’t attempt the 4 mi tonight instead of the 3 mi that I was originally planning.

I do hope to run the 2 mi that I would normally run tomorrow. That is a good ease into it distance after a week. Then attempt the 4 mi on this Saturday.

My shoulders are tight, my head is spinning, and my new ‘neakers are lonely.

Is it possible to gain 100lbs by not running for a week?

I had a schedule change last Saturday due to a friend needing a ride after dropping of his truck at the shop. Same friend has suggested that I not run and take a break rather than my theory to just ignore the shin splints. Grrrr….I’m finally able to up my distances and now I should take a break?!?!….Grrrr. (Note: said friend can already run 5 miles at a time.) So when my friend found out that I missed my launch window for my run on Saturday he said he felt bad, for about 3 seconds, then he said he didn’t want me to run anyway so he didn’t feel so bad. Now, add that to the fact that yesterday’s normal short run was scrapped a long time ago for a one day scheduling conflict and I figured I might as well take the week break and wait till Thursday to run.

Oh yeah….The same friend put a nice bruise on my other leg Sunday at fighter practice. Thanks Buddy, now both legs feel beaten. (It’s all part of the game….It’s just funny he did it)

To be completely honest….my right leg feels much better. I think it might have helped to take a break. Shhhh don’t tell my friend. (Remember: He is a boy….and boys are eternally dumb)

ONE MORE DAY!!….Then…..RUNNING!!!!



(For those who don’t know….Fighter practice: Full contact medieval martial art combat with armor and sticks….yes you get hit, no there is no weight classes, yes it’s co-ed, yes the boys hit hard.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I totally get the "can you gain 100 lbs. from not running for a week." Of course you can't, but you feel like it.

A break was probably a good idea. I hate them too, but they work. And usually better than anything else.

Also, with the fighting thing, YIKES!

Anonymous said...

The running is something I just can't seem to get into. I think about it every day. And somehow, somewho something gets in the way of it. The fighter thing...now that has peaked my interest. I get to beat people for exercise and to blow off steam? I'm in!!