Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Running Late (at night and for dinner)

Distance: >2 miles     Time: 25:22 min    Dark 9:45 pm
Temperature: 83 °F Humidity: 72% Pressure: 29.99 inches (rising)
Everything seems to be good. The hip behaved last night for all two plus miles so tonight’s run is the scheduled 4. I hate running so stupid late but that is when I can so that is when I do. It is easier to breath than during most of the day but wow am I whooped by the time I get started.

Here are some of my observations training for a marathon so far…

* I am cold all the time!! If I’m not doing physical activity (or sitting in the sun at the football game) then I’m cold!!

* I’m hungry all the time!! If I’m cold I’m hungry. Well it sure seems that way. I knew running more would mean I needed to eat some more but I had also hoped for some weight loss along the way. I’m sure it is coming with the increase in mileage but man I’m hungry. And I’m eating more but not really gaining so that is good. At least I eat better.

* Everything else is easier. Hmmmmm…..funny that. Suddenly all the other activities and housework is not so hard. This is a really nice side effect.

* Vitamin B and Caffeine are my friends. (not to mention Vitamin I and Naproxin Sodium)

* I can’t wait for the next distance to be no big deal. Right now 3 miles is no problem, but the Monkey is on my back for breaking 5. It used to be a mile, then two wasn’t so bad but the monkey was there again for three. Four was do-able after three even if it isn’t easy yet, but that ole Monkey is sitting there for 5. I’ve got his number this weekend but its still kinda weird how this works.

* It is funny how thinking about, scheduling, getting ready for, packing for, etc….running has taken over so many other things I used to do. None of which were as good for me. I watch less TV. I eat better…can’t run if you eat crap…makes your tummy hurt. The laundry gets done more often….I need clean workout clothes.

* It has gotten easier and easier to say “sorry I can’t make it till (insert time), I have to run.” People are starting to get the hang of this, and are really quite supportive.

Hey Gwenhwfyr I might be a little late to dinner tonight….I have to run 4 miles!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotcha! see you when I see you!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love it! It's so great! You are doing very well with your training and it just thrills me to no end to read this list.

Anonymous said...

You can do 5! :)

I'm glad this is making you feel better in general. YAY!

Alysoun said...

YAY BABY!!!

You have become a major motivation for me to stick to my *own* porgram. Much hugs!