Monday, September 18, 2006

Hope it's nothing!!

Wednesday night it rained so running turned into yummy steak salads at Mimi’s restaurant with Vicky the waitress that is all about putting carrot bread on the table along with the muffins that come with the meals and then packing away extra carrot bread for a take home bag and then packing up the huge muffins to take home too. I think FireGuy ends up with like three more meals when we leave. It’s kinda funny.

Friday morning’s run went well. Faster than the previous two 3 mile runs 34:17. Yea!!

Then Sat!! NO GOOD!! ALL BAD!! I over slept so everything was started in a frazzle! Then, at a little over three miles, I must have stepped wrong. Something went very wrong!! My left hip HURT at the joint. I made it till ~4.5 and finally FireGuy told me to sit and he would finish to go get the truck to pick me up. My hip ached the rest of the day. I tried to be good but it was a busy day. Yesterday it was just a little “funny” but overall it was much better. Today it feels fine but I’m going to be careful today and I’m glad one of my classes I’m giving a test so I can sit. Then just 2-3 miles tonight. I’m not happy that I didn’t get the scheduled 6 miles in on Saturday. I’m going to e-mail the coach (or maybe I should just call) and see what he thinks but I hope this is only a one day setback.

Weekend update: Friday was movies with friends that turned into Mellow Mushroom Pizza instead…YUM!! Then Saturday, the run, USF v UCF Football game in Orlando, (Go Bulls!!) , Mexican for dinner and then Compas_Rose’s birthday where I got to hang out with lots of cool people, and Sunday morning was Frisbee with Lunchbox (who did me a huge favor…Thanks!!), and later watching Ladder 49!! Overall a good weekend!! (we won’t even begin to discuss the Bucs!)

Running….Gently!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to be more careful! NO HURTING YOURSELF!

...and since you're not talking about your Bucs, you can talk about my Colts instead :)

Anonymous said...

If I'm ever in your city, we're so going to Mimi's because I love their bread/muffins/etc.

I hope your hip feels better. I have a problem with mine that pops up every once in a while. Welcome to the life of a runner, eh?

Runner Girl FL said...

I picked your colts in my survival pick'em league. You pick one team of the 32. If they win you live to play next week. If they lose you are done for the season. I picked them this week. (Of course they were playing Houston afterall)

Go Colts!! Go Tony D!! And Payton!!

Runner Girl FL said...

JR - You're on. Come on down and we will go to Mimi's The hip was better today so I hope that is the end of that!! 2 miles was fine. 4 tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yes, GirlGoyle, but it feels so good!