Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Every Single one of Them

Distance: 4.6 miles   Time: ??? min   fair 9:30 pm
Temperature: 78 °F Humidity: 54% Pressure: 30:00 inches (rising)
These 4-5 miles are getting easier and easier. Whoda Thunk? FireGuy and I were just saying the other day that after the marathon a continuing plan of 5 mile regular runs during the week with “long” 10 miles on the weekends nice idea. I think that may be do-able. 10 miles is still too long for me to be comfortable right now but it will get easier as the 15 and 20 mile marks come and go.

When I started this I wasn’t sure I would run the whole thing. The TNT group has you split into full and half marathon groups and then further into walkers and runners. We were told at the beginning that running didn’t have to mean every step just more running that walking. I figured that I would start training to run as if I would run the whole thing and when I couldn’t I would walk. I’m doing better than I thought. We will see after the long run this Friday Morning, but I might just run this whole silly distance. :)

A friend of mine who went into the Army as an officer at the end of the summer was one of the first to sponsor me. His e-mail came with the comment that I better run every F*ing step of the marathon. I said I would do my best. It was nice when he was in town for the first time last week to tell him that I was up to every step of 9 miles. He replied “Every F*ing Step”! :) Boys are funny. I know he’s a smart ass but then that seems to be a trend with my friends. I hope I can tell ArmyO that I ran every step after January 7th.

Running Every F*ing Step

3 comments:

JustRun said...

Way to train to run every effing step! By the way, I walk through water stations but I don't count that as not running. Just a thought. :)

Runner Girl FL said...

Oh i agree....and waterstations take like a mile to get into and out of right? hehehe I tried to not stop durring a 5K once....it was messy.

JustRun said...

One piece of advice (though I still walk while drinking water): bend the cup. It's so much easier to drink the water that way.