Sunday, October 01, 2006

A week later!!

I strained something in my right foot on that long run last weekend. SOoooo….I was good. It was very hard but I did it. I stayed down all week. I don’t just mean I didn’t run. I mean I stayed put most of the week.

Finally…yesterday I ran. I went for a little over 3 miles. My foot was tight again at about 2 and I didn’t quite make three when it started to hurt. So I walked the rest of the way. That helped it didn’t hurt to walk but it was tight and a little sore the rest of the day. Today it is a little twingy but still better than earlier in the week so I think it’s getting better slowly.

Today is a rest day on the schedule and I will take advantage of it. I will stay put on the couch to get work done (I hate stay put!!) Then 4 miles easy tomorrow, I should be able to do that…right?!?! (I hope)

Just Run suggested being the stretching queen!! I have been trying that and it has already seemed to help. I feel better when I can’t run and the day after I started taking a few min here and there to stretch a little my foot started making a larger improvement. Wow, were my legs tight when I hadn’t run in a few days!!

My mother is worried about my foot and all of this training.

Mom: “I hope all of this marathon stuff isn’t killing you”

Me: “at least I have a spleen”

So all of those of you worried I promise I will not go so far as to play 2 - 3 quarters of NFL football with a ruptured spleen!!

Good luck to Chris Simms for a speedy recovery.

Bucs are off this week so you don’t have to hear me call them stupid, and a new QB for the season will be determined this week I think.

Gotta stretch and then hurry to stay put!!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you are taking care of yourself. Really, be careful because you can seriously hurt yourself.
Enjoy relaxing and good luck getting back on the horse!

Big Feet said...

I'm happy to hear you're doing better! Enjoy your weekend!

JustRun said...

Glad you're taking care of the foot. You have plenty of training time so just get it better. I'm also glad to hear the stretching is helping. I'm a believer! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the foot is doing better!

Alysoun said...

GO Foot, it's your birthday!!!!

Remember, an injury you let completely heal NOW, is one that WON'T mess you up when you push it next year :)