Thursday, December 28, 2006

Maybe Someday

My father passed away early yesterday morning. He was 61. He had liver cancer and then cancer in his lungs and esophagus. Since many of us who read each other's blogs have done some endurance event or another for a cure cancer type organization I wanted to let everyone know why I wasn't posting.

The funeral will be in a few days and then a couple days after that I leave for my Marathon. 2006 is almost over and I feel some how that I have come full circle.

Maybe someday all of these runs and 3-days and triathlons and marathons and dragonboats will be enough. Until then everyone keep praying and keep running, walking paddling, peddling or what ever it is you do to raise money and awareness. We might be gaining but we haven't won yet.

Maybe someday....

5 comments:

anne said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck to you and your family.

Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm sorry about your loss -- I hope he lived a long peaceful life. Happy New Year.

Natalie said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. You are so special and so strong, hang in there. I'm thinking about you and don't hesitate to call if I can do anything.
Natalie

Runner Girl FL said...

e.b. & ms. Thanks for your thoughts

mb - I'm ok. The plans are made and the work is mostly done now we just have to go do it. BLECH...lots of famlily coming. (And FireGuy is just sorry that he is in KS)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, I'll be thinking of you.