Sunday, January 08, 2006

Plan for week 2

I figured Sunday each week is a good day preparation for my weeks running workouts. I use Sunday to check my personal schedule for the week this is perfect for my running schedule as well.

A little information about the run I am preparing for....as mentioned in my profile I live in a city that is invaded by pirates each year. This year there the festivities include a 5k run, a 10k run, and 1/2 and full marathons. I will be taking it slow and running the 5k run. Since before my Christmas break from running I was up to being able to run a mile this is the next logical distance. The run is February 25th. So I have plenty of time. The idea is to increase the longer distances by a .25 mile each week to build up. The easier 1 mile Wednesdays will turn into 1.5 mile Wednesdays and then 2 mile Wednesdays as the others get longer.

So week 2 preparations for my 5k run are a follows:

Sunday: Rest - Walk/Jog day -- I had other physical activities planned so this will be "rest" as far as running is concerned.

Monday: 1.5 miles - another up in the distance. Wish me luck

Tuesday: Rest - Walk/Jog day -- I hope to do a nice long walk/jog for endurance. At least an hour if not 1.5 hours.

Wednesday: 1 mile - Ahhhh....I remember when the mile was the hard day. :)

Thursday: Rest - That's fine by me!!

Friday: 1.5 Miles - I hope that like the second 1.25 mile run last Friday this is better than the Monday version.

Saturday: 60 min walk. I have to start doing these. I seem to skip them for taxing house work but I should really do both.

Well there you have it. The week of January 8th - 14th.

Run like a pirate!!

No comments: