Saturday, February 18, 2006

Active People Watching

Distance: 2 miles         Time: 28:44         Clear  12:30 pm
Temperature: 75 °F Humidity: 50% Pressure: 30.2 inches

I think that someone has tied lead weights to my ankles this week. I ran today instead of yesterday because I also have Monday off for President’s Day so I can have a good long run on Monday.

So my park that I run in is always fun because on weekend days like today I can kind of people watch while I run. There are some pavilions that always have some activities going on.

Parents dropping off children to birthday parties and handing them gifts before they run off and telling them not to forget to say thank you for being invited.

Two guys starting a grill and hanging balloons while asking on the phone "where everybody at?"

The guy who runs around the outside of the park backwards...yes backwards...this is the second time I have seen him.

People who walk to work who must live nearby walk through the park in restaurant uniforms.

The guys playing basketball with little kids, and the cheering that goes on when one of the kids scores.

There are older people walking around the path together sitting on the benches that are along the path for a rest. (There is a senior center at one end of the park)

There is a shuffle board court next to the senior center too, but I have yet to ever see anyone on it. I figure that even they think that shuffle board is dumb!!

Little kids playing, riding bikes with training wheels, rolling down the hill.

A group of guys playing soccer…sort of, because there really isn’t a big enough area but they kick the ball around and try not to run into little kids.

And finally the guy who plays racquetball in the courts that is often there and is way too excited for a guy playing for free in a park. He wears the goggles with the thick elastic strap, a head band, and wrist bands and swears like a sailor about every play.

Running...and watching.

No comments: