Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Presidents Day!!

Distance: 3 miles         Time: ??:??         FOGGY  8:45 am
Temperature: 56 °F Humidity: 96% Pressure: 30.26 inches
3 M I L E S ! ! ! Ok still some walking spots but only .3 miles and not all at once!! I can now do Gasparilla 5k this weekend. Good thing too since I have already paid to take part. It should be fun, I am really starting to look forward to it. I think tomorrow night I am going to go look at the race route, and I will try to just run 1.5 tomorrow with out stopping and a short mile on Friday to stay loose.

My calf didn't tighten up at all so I hope my shin doesn't start to ache like after the 2.75 run. I also have not been getting the cramps in my calf at night so maybe I am finally getting in better shape.

I ran near my home today. That way I only knew the half way point much like on race day. I won't have tenth mile marks like in the park. So I had to push to make it just a little farther before a break. I think it worked. I had a little bit of an idea of how far things were and I will for the race but I really only knew the route and the turn-around. I like to map the routes using "America's Running Routes" I don't save mine but I have my own list. I know it is about around the cemeteries near my house. That is a quiet run. (hehehe)

The park is my favorite but I like the streets too. Most people are nice and smile as you pass. I try to say "morning" as I pass and most smile and say it back. The neighborhoods near my home are older and near downtown so there are many different people on the streets. The only rude people were some tourists that had all of their luggage on the sidewalk waiting for the city bus and between them and their luggage they took up the whole sidewalk and they didn't even make an attempt to give me a path. I had to drop off onto the busy street. I didn't say morning to them. I usually like the tourists but these people were just rude. Most of the people on the street in the morning are part of the "work force" walking to work or waiting for the bus. They all look different and you can tell they all have different backgrounds and stories. All the shops are opening too getting ready for business for the day. I would be one of them most of the time driving to work or already there by this time but I happen to get Presidents day off, so it’s nice to see what happens when I’m not rushing to work myself.

I can run miles and miles :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The greeting while running/walking etiquette is a weird thing. There's a guy I see almost every day on my route. The first time I pass him he says "Good morning!" I usually pass him again at which point he says "Have a great day!" And it makes me happy. Others just scowl and it makes me wonder if they'd be any happier at least smiling at the people passing them.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Mostly I try to at least nod my head and raise a hand. The guy who runs backwards at the park said "Hey Baby how's it going" when we passed the other day. That was nice. It wasn't creepy he said it like he had remembered seeing me before. That means I'm "one of them" The "Runners" Ya know. When I pass the old people in the park I often say something about it being a nice day or great weather or kinda chilly. They smile and it makes me feel good that I was nice to them. Most of the time a second pass only requires a smile. :) <----smile