Saturday, February 25, 2006

Gasparilla 2006 - Distance Classic - 5K

I DID IT!! I ran like a pirate!! I ran the whole way!! I really really did!! And they give you a medal for finishing!!

I took only a few walking steps twice to slow down to drink water at the two water tables (and they were crowded so you had to slow down)….That was it. Other than that I ran the whole way!! I had a chip time of 41:54 and a pace of 13:25.7. (According to the results posted to the web site!!) I know from my own watch that my first mile was under 12 minutes which was better than all the training runs. So I must have really slowed up after that but I ran the whole way!! When the pictures come in I will post them. And we don’t have to discuss my placing in either the women or the over all or the age group but there were more women then men and there were 6419 total runners!!

I wasn’t going for a time and I wasn’t going to run the whole way I was going to have fun and do it and I did better than I had hoped!! AND had a lot of fun too!!!

To top it all off, just when I got back into my truck a friend called and said she had an extra ticket to the Storm game this evening!! I said I had to check on some stuff, but then called back and told her I was in. THEY WON!! And they beat the only undefeated team in the AFL. It was a very exciting game and a lot of fun.

Needless to say I am wiped out!! I’m going to bed early tonight and I am going to read. Then tomorrow I am going to putt around the house most of the day and relax!! (Is it legal to drug the kitties so they will sleep in….it’s not….darn!)

AAAARRRGGGG!!!!! (<----Pirate for RUN!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, babe!
Glad to hear you did so well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! It was lots of fun!! I really can't wait for the Moffitt one in April now!!!