Thursday, March 02, 2006

Told you I did it....


Here I am!! That's me!! I'm running like a Pirate!! It looks like I'm walking but I'm running Wait, I have another to prove it.....





See Here I'm running. I didn't say I ran fast I said I ran!!




Here I am at the finish area with the Pirates!! AAARRRGGG!!!!

I had a very good time.





Saturday is the 5th annual Bolt Run 5K. It is put on by the Tampa Bay Lightning for the benefit of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society!! I hope I do well again!! I don't think there is a picture company there this time. Nothing was in the literature about it but if there is I will post more pictures after that. I don't have anyone to come and watch or run with this time again so I can't have someone take a picture as I go by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations on your 5K! I slowly and steadily built up to the marathon over time. If I can get there, I'm convinced anyone can. Good luck with your quest. I'll have to keep stopping by your blog.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Runner Girl! I think it is great that you are running for your friend's memory and for the continuing fight against the disease that took them from you. Keep it up!

Thanks for stopping by my blog as well. It's good to know that there is such a supportive community online.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys for stopping by. I just put in a search for training and blogs and found there are a lot of us keeping track this way.

Chad - I have family in NC

Steve - Thanks for the nice words of support about my running for my friend and me.