Sunday, February 12, 2006

Going for the gold


Distance: 1 mile Time: 12:15:01 Partly Cloudy 4:30 pm
Temperature: 45 °F Humidity: 64% Pressure: 30.13 inches

Way tooooooo cold. I did only a mile because I was very uncomfortable. If this is the weather on race day I may be walking more than I run. Or maybe I shouldn't wear the jacket and just freeze at the beginning. I warmed up after about 3/4 miles and could of taken off the jacket. I know that people up north run in much worse than this but I am not used to how to dress or to prepare. Lucky for me I only have a few days a year to deal with it so the odds are I will be just fine on the 25th.

I haven't done the Yoga yet. I also ran hungry....never a good idea. I can't run right after I eat but I shouldn't be hungry either. So I ate. I will do it after the longer run on Tuesday.

Sometimes it's fun during the Olympics to know that I am not an athlete like them but I can do something that more than 50% of the population cannot do. I can run over a mile. So I still do what we all did as kids. When I finished that mile today....I took the gold. In my own little race.

Crusade update: Today I registered for two of the three events coming up. Now the money is spent and I am committed. I was glad to see when I looked up the Miles for Moffit 1 mile fun run/walk that it is especially for walking/running in memory or in support of some one who has cancer. That is exactly what I wanted!!

Running for my own gold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that it's not cold in Florida any more...the trick to dressing to running in the cold is to start with a chill. If you're perfectly warm, you'll get too hot, so you dress with just enough clothes to leave you with a slight chill. And wear thin gloves. They help-a lot.

Thanks for motivating me to run :)