Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nice Day, Nice Run

Distance: 1.33 miles  Time: 15:33 min    Partly Cloudy 5:00 pm
Temperature: 78 °F Humidity: 35% Pressure: 29.88 inches (falling)
I ran the trail at USF yesterday. The whole thing. For the first time in quite a while I felt really good when I was running again. It was beautiful out again and I was really lucky. We have started to get a little rain in the afternoons and earlier this week it was much more humid. On Thursday I was throwing the football with a friend and I felt so winded because it was so humid. I’ll get used to it again during the summer but those first couple days are hard.

I went hunting again for a treadmill this afternoon. There were not any this week at the “thrift stores” and the Flyer did not have anything this week either. I looked at Craigslist (thanks GG and MB for the referral) they were not quiet what I was looking for but I will keep checking back. So that is the treadmill update….

I also realized the other day that I did not update what happened to the Draft Day Dash I was going to run. I had not sent in my registration when I found out that was the weekend my brother and his wife were coming so it was just better if I was not wiped out from a run while they were here. Trust me we got enough work done for multiple runs.

I guess with the end of the semester and all the other stuff going on this year I am feeling rather out of control. This is always a problem for crazy control freaks, which I am. So I am going to try to take control of my running a little more now that I am running more comfortably again. I have to get control of something in my life and this seems like one of the better things to start with.

Running out of control!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Those are the kind that keep you going.