Tuesday, August 22, 2006

And so it begins….

Today is the first run on the schedule for the marathon training. 20 min. Not so bad. Really easy actually but this is probably a good thing since I did not run over the busy weekend and I was taking it easy before that because of the shin splints. I’m really excited that the schedule doesn’t go further than I can already run until well into September. That should allow me to get used to the running 4 –5 days a week easier and hopefully not aggravate the shins.

The weekend was busy. School starts this week and I am not prepared to teach my classes. I always feel that way so I’m sure I'll be fine but that doesn’t make me feel less hassled right now. Friday I went to WDW Animal Kingdom with a friend and had the best time. We got to the park at 9:30 (it opened at 9) when it closed at 6pm we hopped the bus to Epcot. My best friend from high school arranged super secret fireworks viewing for us. THEY WERE RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS!! (YEA Epcot security Managers!!) Then we found out that Epcot was staying open till 12am. Yea!! more time for fun!! We didn’t pull out of the parking lot till well after midnight!! Then the drive back to Tampa. It was a fantastic day!! Then Bucs game on Saturday (It's only pre-season, It's only preseason) then Fighter practice Sunday morning and geeking out with the guys that night to game.

I need to stop having quite soooooo much fun on the weekends or I’m never going to catch up!!

And away I go…..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weekends are for relaxing, silly girl!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having tons of fun! Keep up the running!

Anonymous said...

When did I ever do well at relaxing!! You do remember the story of going to D.C. for the weekend to see The Cretin don't you? Lunch with my Cuz to eat Philly cheese steaks in Philly, Independence Hall, two baseball games, the National Mall at midnight, crab cakes in Maryland, and the Babe Ruth Museum. Less than 48 hours later I was back in Tampa.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a ton of fun! I LOVE the fireworks at Epcot- I can't imagine them better than how I saw them and yet, it seems they can be!
Good luck in the training! :-)