Sunday, August 13, 2006

Best Saturday Ever!!!

Distance: 3.0 miles   Time: 39:30 min    partly cloudy 10:00 am
Temperature: 91 °F Humidity: 60% Pressure: 30.02 inches


Well today went well. Not stellar but well. I walked ad few times but I am very sore from an SCA event yesterday. We fought for like an hour straight…fight, get hit, line up and fight again. Always fun!! Then we went swimming. Again wrestling with the boys in the pool is fun but more work. I also made a new friend. She was really cool, and wants to come up to Tampa to fight at our practice on the weekends. We got to talking after throwing the football in the pool. Also her son decided I was his new best friend. He came up to me at dinner, put his little hands on my shoulders and asked me to go outside to the swings to play. Very CUTE!! I think I have a new boy friend. Hehehe I must have dazzled him with dunking him in the pool. One of my longtime football buddies with the two cutest kids on the planet had them there too and his daughter and I were the two headed monster. She was on my shoulders with TWO water guns and I was at water level able to splash. We chased down and tormented everyone in the pool. And the kids made sure it was ok if this year when they come to visit their father they will be allowed to watch football at my house again. I told them they could come anytime they were in town and we all watch football. (we always watch football – I am soooooo glad it is football season)

All of this makes trying to run with the top half of your body suffering from T-Rex arms much harder.

I’m getting very excited to meet the Team next weekend and find out my schedule. I am worried it will be too hard so I am really trying to not miss any of my runs this week.

When I told my BRAND NEW Fire Fighter friend (he did pass those tests as I knew he would – State Certified and everything) about the marathon he said that he wanted to run it with me. He won’t be able to do the fundraising part due to EMT school (needs that to still get a job) but he wants to run the race with me!! And run with me to help to get ready. We are still working out the details of weather signing up for the race will work or not, but even if it doesn’t it was a really nice offer….very supportive!!

Running to get ready for more Running!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of fighting. And you say this is fun? I may need to know more about this.

That's very cool that you'll have a training partner- I bet it will make a huge difference motivation wise.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Keep up the running! I'm home Friday and Saturday so if you have time to sneak in a small run or something on like Saturday morning, let me know!