Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ready, Set......FUNDRAISE!!! FIGHT LEUKEMIA!!! GO!! GO!! GO!!

Distance: 3.0 miles   Time: 37:13 min    partly cloudy 6:00 pm
Temperature: 91 °F Humidity: 56% Pressure: 30.02 inches

Holy Cow!! What have I gotten my self into?!?!

I’m going to run a marathon….that’s right a M A R A T H O N ! ! !

2 6 . 2 M I L E S ! ! !

Alright, so here is the deal!! I went to the informational meeting for Team in Training the other day to see what I needed to build up my distance to in order to start training. Found out that they wanted you to be able to run about 2 -3 miles. Well since my longest is more than that and my average is between that….I SIGNED UP!!!

So I have a fundraising goal of $2300. Please go to my Team in Training page and sponsor me!! If everyone donates $26 dollars (That a deal at a dollar a mile folks) then I’ll be at my goal in no time!! PLEASE!!

If you want to link to this post as well to send your readers this way feel free....or pass the link above to my TNT web page on to anyone who would like to join in the fight against Blood Cancers. The more people I talk to the more people I know who have been touched by these diseases.

Click on the Team in Training banner also. This is a fantastic organization that I really believe in.

And Stay tuned!! I meet my coach and the other people on my “TEAM” on Aug. 19th. Then the real fun will begin!! I need all the cheering I can get!!

Running to end Blood Cancers!! Running for Randy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll put it here also...

GO JILL GO! I'm so proud of you and excited for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Good luck! Break two legs! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, you are nuts. Let me get a few paychecks ahead and you'll have my support.

Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't think of it as 26.2 miles; think of it this way; it may be 22,248 Croatian hvat, but only .000042195 gigameters.

Anonymous said...

BF - You know your support is extra important to me!!

Mel - I Thank you!! I know I can caount on my local friends and that is what is going to make the difference!!

Lunchbox - Well you always have a way of looking at it differently don't you. :) I might need to count in gigameters. (Where do you get this stuff?!?!) However I might feel I am making more progress if I measure in Croation Hvats. Seriously....Hvats?!?! You crack me up!!

Anonymous said...

Instead of $1/mile, you should have people sponsor you $1/exclamation point used in this post.

I'll link to you next time I post.

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Good for you! I will support you and I look forward to the training log. One mile at a time!

Anonymous said...

JR - Thanks!! Any support I can get is great!! Including your cheering on my posts...they always help.

MB - I'm EXCITED!!! <---three more :)

(runs away singing)
Interjection!
Interjection!
Usually set apart from a sentence
by an exclamation mark
or by a comma
when the feeling's not as strong