Monday, August 28, 2006

First Team Training

Distance: ~4 miles     Time: 45:00 min    Cloudy 7:30 am
Temperature: 79 °F Humidity: 94% Pressure: 29.98 inches (rising)
Saturday morning was the first team training run for the TNT group. We all met at a park and ran down Bayshore Blvd. Which, as its name implies, runs along the bay. There is a nice wide paved uninterrupted path about 5 mile long that follows the shore of the bay, since there can be no intersections crossing it or cars would end up not running so well. It’s a nice run overlooking the bay and you can see the downtown Tampa skyline from a distance (the best way to see most downtown’s in my opinion.)

The other people were really nice. Some seem more interested in making friends. Some came with friends already. It is obvious that many of them are farther along in this distance thing than me, but I am proud to say that I was the only “back of the pack”-er that ran the whole way, and I wasn’t the last one. How ever some of them thought it was cleaver of me to notice that if we were doing a time of running not a distance than if I’m last when I turned around at half way through the time….I was now in the lead. I said that it was my strategy. I don’t think they completely believed me….Oh well.

Tonight is running after class with FireGuy and then again on Wednesday and Thursday. The weekend calls for a run on Saturday but since I’m out of town this weekend I’m not sure what I’m going to do but I will probably run it on Friday before I leave.

For those of you keeping track of my crazy life….

Thursday night was a surprise party for FireGuy complete with a Bytor party game. (When Bytor comes up with a party game….it is rarely safe) This one included lighting small wooden bird houses on fire with torch fuel and putting them out with little squirt hoses. Get it…a fire party game. When the last house didn’t go out….what did the 4, yes FOUR firefighters do!?!?! They played soccer with it!! Oh well….my house is only 80 years old and made of wood after all!!! Silly Firepeople. (they are not all guys) My neighbors already think I’m weird…what’s a little fire soccer in the front yard. (Note the ground was still very wet from the afternoon thunderstorm just hours earlier)

Friday was a little quieter. It was all rainy so I ran errands, cleaned the house from the party, and then hung out with FireGuy in the evening.

Saturday was the training then my Mommy came up to see some projects I had done around the house and took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. YUM!! I got the Godiva chocolate cheesecake YUM!! Later was watching the pre-season Bucs game with the Football guys* at one of THEIR houses (note my house didn’t get wrecked again on Saturday….hehehe….and also note the football guys* are mostly the same group in the gaming guys*)

Sunday was the usual mix of Fighter Practice and geeking out Gaming with the gaming guys*. This is again at my house but doesn’t usually wreck the house as no beer is involved and the mess stays contained to a dining room table which has to be cleaned off before the game and is clean when they leave since they take their stuff with them. (usually actually helps the clutter factor of the table)

Today is work, teaching, running, bed.

Running around till I get a chance at a nap!! HA!

*First the term guys in my blog denotes a group of people not just boys….however most groups are predominately male in my world. There are girls besides me in both the football group and gaming group. Second most of these groups overlap significantly. The Fire people are all fighters and the gaming group mostly is too. The gaming group is mostly the football group too. Need a map yet?!?!

7 comments:

Runner Girl FL said...

testing to see if blogger really sucks this badly!!

JustRun said...

Blogger does suck, something awful!

I feel so bad, I have had so many comments for you and nowhere to put them!

Congrats on your running distances... that's great! And also, fire guy... hehe. :-) If I can't comment again, I will have to email or something because there's just been too much!

Natalie said...

I think you need a guide to runnergirl. I'm getting confused and I know you in real life.

I had some witty comments that are now forever lost to the blogosphere.

Runner Girl FL said...

JR - Thanks for sticking with me anyway. It's killing me that it all looks like crap at the moment but at least it works.

MB - I think I'm confused. :) I think I will do a hitch hikers guide to RunnerGirl World.

Big Feet said...

OOH OOH I get to post! I was starting to think it was just me and my computer that I just learned the password to...

You sound busy, much much too busy, but I guess that's okay. Awesome job running, keep it up, you know I'm watching you now :)

I hope your training continues to go well! You're getting too good for me to run with when I come home...

Runner Girl FL said...

Nahh...we can always run when you come home!!

Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

I had said something witty about finding your blog and all, but I'll just settle for saying "HI!"