Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Later and later...

Distance: >2 miles       Time: 26:00 min    Dark 9-ish pm
Temperature: 83 °F Humidity: 74% Pressure: 29.94 inches (rising)
Last night's run was late. I to prefer to run outside so it is nice to have someone to run with since I really should not run alone in the dark. I would have to go to the gym instead and that is not as much fun.

The usual path is a fairly well list busy street with a wide shoulder and a wide sidewalk in so it is pretty far from the cars. It wasn’t as humid last night as it has been. A sign of the impending storm most likely. It gets a little dryer just before a good tropical system comes along. Last night was 26 minutes and we got almost as far as the 30 minute run the other day so that is good. Faster now will only help later.

Today is a rest day so YEA!! I also do not have to teach tonight. YEA again!! I thought it would be better to have a run on a day I’m not teaching and then get a rest day on a night I teach. Then I would not have to go go go, but now that I am here I think I like the idea of only one work responsibility today and then family dinner tonight. I slept in a (very) little bit and hopefully I can get things done tonight with out feeling so rushed.

Not-so-RunnerGirlFL <-- and enjoying it!!

3 comments:

JustRun said...

Rest days are great! I'm glad there's someone that enjoys them as much as I do.
I didn't used to take them so when I started to, I couldn't believe the difference!

Natalie said...

I like Spot's new makeover. :)

Big Feet said...

Enjoy your rest! You deserve it, especially since you don't rest on the weekends. Be careful when you're running at night, as my mom says "look out for prarie dog holes" (yeah, I don't know about her sometimes). One time I didn't realize that the sidewalk changed heights, and I still have scars from it, so BE CAREFUL!