Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's gonna be a long day

The weather is fantastic!! Highs in the 80’s, lows in the 60’s. Running is something that can now be done with out gills!!

Stretching more and then stretching even more before you run seems to help a whole lot!! My shins still hurt, however no more than they did when 3 miles was a really long run. I’m trying the little exercises that one of the guys taught me after the team training the other day maybe they will help soon.

Last night was 3.6 miles. FireGuy and I ran a loop that he had mapped out a long time ago, and we moved along at a good clip. We then went to meet friends for dinner, and were running late from the run. Good thing they are very understanding of all of this Marathon Craziness.

Tonight after work is teaching and I think I have my evaluation tonight. GACK! I hate that. My boss, who really is great, comes in and sits in my class. BLECH!! I mean he is a good guy…still makes me icky that he’s in the class. I can teach to a bunch of people I know don’t know but when it’s someone who knows!!! I’m a mess. Isn’t that silly. Anyway he has only done this one other time to me in the 3 years I have been at the Community College and I think he is supposed to do it once a year. So…maybe I should be happy I dodged it this long. Then off to the gym to run, FireGuy has to study.

Long way to go today...

3 comments:

JustRun said...

Glad to hear you're stretching and that it's making a difference. After my run yesterday, I have a hip flexor that still wants to be in bed- it's always something. Then again, that's like my entire life story: Need more sleep. :-)

Good luck with the eval!

Anonymous said...

My word, but you have energy! But that may be because you're hogging all the good weather - I'd be happy to send you some of my October snow flurries if you'd like!

Ready to Run said...

Hey Runner Girl.. I am a runner, too. I just created a blog. I have been injured for the past 3 months (what a drag) and am just now getting back on the road, so I decided to blog as an outlet. Sounds like you are pretty serious about running. I'll look for your postings. My blog is called Run Baby Run Baby Run Baby Run. You can find me at http://run-baby.blogspot.com/

What is the link to your blog?