Tuesday, November 14, 2006

HALF WAY!!!

Distance: 13 miles    Time: 2H:59M        7:30 am
Temperature: 57 °F Humidity: 70% Pressure: 30:05 inches (rising)
13 miles yesterday!! It took me as long to run 13 as it took Lance to run the whole marathon!! Oh well I guess if I had ridden a bike all over Europe for days on end faster than any one else year after year I could do my first marathon in under 3 hours too.

So…I’m halfway. The Blisters are maybe getting a little better. I still got blisters but they seem to be taking longer to generate and smaller when they do. There was an attempt at 6 miles on Friday but when my blisters were ugly fast that was abandoned at about 2 miles. I was not happy but over the weekend they dried up more and I made the much longer run. This is the most frustrating part because I don’t know how I will ever do 26.2 when I can’t do 3 some days…then I turn around and do 13?!?!

The shin splints are a dull shadow of what they used to be. This is great, and my knees don’t hurt at all. Now if I could just the feet to behave?!?! Next try is the 2 layer socks…I have to find a store that has them. The running store I go to didn’t.

I am supposed to also run on softer ground. Wow this is much harder said than done. First…my feet hurt worse on the rougher terrain of grass….not that rough I KNOW! Also I seem so clumsy on grass…Does anyone know how to get used to this?

GirlGoyle -
http://www.lifehacker.com/software/bittorrent/beginners-guide-to-bittorrent-212309.php
e-mail me and I'll give you more info and links...runnergirlfl@gmail.com

4 comments:

JustRun said...

Congratualtions! Great feeling, eh?
Hang in there with the feet and air them out as much as you can. I know it's gross but if you can put the hair dryer (warm, not hot) on them for about 10 minutes morning and night, even this will help. I know that humid weather you're contending with so the more dry air you try to get on there, the better. From what I've seen, this will help those calluses form.

Runner Girl FL said...

Ooo....that's a different Idea. Not so gross as the goey white skin hanging mess that they are now.

Anonymous said...

Go, You! That's fabulous! I'm telling you, if I've got important messages to have delivered to distant Greek cities, I'm calling on you!

Runner Girl FL said...

Do I have to fight the battle first too?