Monday, November 06, 2006

Hamburger Feet!

Distance: 12+ miles     Time: infinity       fair 9:00 am
Temperature: 71°F Humidity: 57 Pressure: 30:25 inches (rising)
Shoes: I started the long run on Sunday with the second pair of new shoes. They did ok with my legs but my feet started to cramp so I ran back to the truck and put on the old ones…(Brought them with this time) Cramps went away. So I am tempted to buy the same shoes I have but the PT guy didn’t like them because they over correct. Well if that’s what works?!?! So I will wait to talk to him.

Feet: I have hamburger feet!! Socks don’t help! I tried blister pads by Band-Aid. The blisters are sneaky. They don’t form under the pad….they from AROUND the pad. Today I bought mole skin padding that you can cut to the size you need. I think I will just make them big enough to wrap around my whole foot. They just need a chance at healing. There are blisters over blisters that have blisters under them. (Yes, it’s gross)

Running: The good news is that other than the shins are acting up a little after this large milage and the blisters for the most part I am now running mostly pain free. The shins don't hurt alot durring the run and my knees don't hurt at all so my legs and back and shoulders are in much better shape after these long runs.

Forever v Infinity: Well the infinity’s have it. I told FireGuy that he did get one vote for forever even if I do think Bre might be biased towards a fireguy no matter what…(He did think your line was great) He responded with the very adult reply of “Nuh-Uh Forever!” Eh what can ya do….(except reply “Uh-huh Infinity!” of course)

The 12+ this weekend went ok…not great. I felt worse because of the blisters and with out knowing it I must have run a little different so my left leg is over used in the wrong way and the muscles are sore in a funny way. In that way that makes pushing the clutch make me not happy. It will be ok in 24 hours it’s just sore.

So that is your friendly Monday morning update.

3 comments:

Alysoun said...

Sounds fabulous, RG!!!

JustRun said...

Definitely, if the shoes work, use 'em!
I am so sorry to hear of your hamburger feet. Obviously, air them out as much as you can. What kind of socks are you wearing?
Glad you're better overall but I know how these little things can be.

Runner Girl FL said...

I walk around work in my socks trying to air them out. I have bought the no blister/moisture control socks. etc. I think my feet have never had arches that didn't give and so they just have to get used to it. It shouldn't be too much longer. Tonight the mole skin will be put on over them so hope it helps so they can just heel.