Thursday, November 02, 2006

Infinity : Beyond Forever…

Distance: 5.6 miles     Time: ~70 min       fair 9:30 pm
Temperature: 73 °F Humidity: 94% Pressure: 29:98 inches (rising)
Last night I wore my previous sneakers with the orthodics and everything was fine. In fact it went really well. 5.6 miles with NO pain. Near the end my knees were telling me they were tired, but there was no pain when I stopped either. Well unless you count the blisters on the arches of my feet but I just need more Band-Aids I guess.

It was very humid last night, and the run felt like it took for ever even though we made pretty good time. Much better than previous times. FireGuy said “We used to be done by 10 why are we finishing so late?” I replied “Maybe because we were running half as far?” He said “That would be it” I never would have thought that I would be running 5 – 6 miles at a time and just laughing and joking the whole way. Last night’s run even contained a long battle of Nu-uh, Uh-huh, Nu-uh Forever, Uh-huh Infinity.

So here is the great question of the ages….

Which is bigger Forever or Infinity?

I think it’s Infinity because Infinity is beyond Forever since it includes both the entire space and time continuums. Forever is only the expanse of time.

FireGuy says Forever is bigger because it’s “to Infinity and Beyond!!” (In his best Buzz Lightyear voice, of course)

So What do y’all think? Forever or Infinity?

4 comments:

JustRun said...

First things first, infinity is the way to go. Forever is just so... common. :)

Second, glad to hear the old shoes fixed it. Were the new shoes the same model?

As for the blisters, what socks are you wearing?
If you're looking to experiement, try Injinji socks. They are the best and I haven't had a blister since I started wearing them. They have a website you can order from but they also tell you where you can buy them in your city.

So glad you're finding 5-6 miles "easy." Do you know how awesome that is?!?

Alysoun said...

WooHOO on the run. I also vote for infinity :)

Anonymous said...

FireGuy has a good point, if you're willing to accept the fact that DISNEY KNOWS ALL. Which I happily do, of course, because Someday my prince will come when I've wished upon a star but until then, you've got a friend in me!

Natalie said...

I agree with you that infinity encompasses the spacetime continuum whereas forever is just a measure of time.

Sorry, Fireguy. Einstein trumps Disney.