Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sneaker Disaster!!

ACK!! Something is wrong with the new sneakers!! I have never had this happen before. I bought the new shoes, and put the orthodics in them, and wore them all the time for a couple days. Like I always do with new shoes. Then yesterday FireGuy and I went for a run. The shoes were like lead weights!! We weren’t a quarter mile down the road and my thigh muscles were already burning!! I felt like such a wimp but I knew something was NOT RIGHT!! So I did the first part of the loop that is a little more than a mile and went back to the truck to wait for FireGuy to finish the run. By the time I got back to the truck my calves and the muscles in my feet were hurting as well!! So today I am back in the last pair that I had and the new ones are going back!! I have had to get used to new shoes before but I have never had a problem like that. I ran in the orthodics on the long run the other day so they aren’t the cause. If they AND these shoes are the problem then it’s the shoes that have to be fixed.

Other than that Halloween was too much fun. We grabbed lunch after the run, had to stop to buy a video game, had to test out the new game (of course) and then to my house to carve pumpkins and hand out candy to kids!! I’ll post pumpkin pictures tomorrow. They were really cool!

4 comments:

JustRun said...

Yikes! Did you take the orthodics with you to the running store (assuming you bought the shoes at a running store) so they could fit them for you? Softer shoes might be a little heavier but shouldn't cause pain.
Of course, it could have just been an off day, too. Are you taking enough rest days?

Runner Girl FL said...

Yep took the orthodics with me. Tried them on with the shoes....took them outside and did a little jog in the parking lot and everything. I have never had my legs hurt that much so fast with a different pair of shoes.

As for Rest last week I missed a few and I took Monday off after the long run on Sunday.

Keep thinking of ideas!! I have been trying to think of what else it could be other than the shoes but I've got nothing.

JustRun said...

Definitely try different shoes. That can't hurt one bit. Otherwise... hmmm. How's the stretching going? And have you tried massage? Even if you don't pay someone, try massaging your quads, calves and shins at night.

Where, exactly, is the pain in your thigh? That might help me think of more solutions. There's always a solution. Always. :)

Runner Girl FL said...

JR - The old shoes fixed the problem...see next post. I haven't done the massage yet and the stretching is going well. It hurt like it was pulling from the top inside of my knee across my leg. I think it was the shoes. They go back on Fri or Sat.

GG - because then the next day you run 5.6 miles like it's no big deal. And laugh and talk the whole way with your running partner.