Monday, November 27, 2006

Now where did we leave off? Oh yeah...

Wednesday we ran 3 miles on Bay Shore. I got out of work at 1pm so that was a good time, and it is cool enough to run in the middle of the day. FireGuy came over after his regular weights workout and we ran before I went off to teach for the night.

Thursday, FireGuy has a tradition of always running on Thanksgiving so that works out well. We ran in the morning. 5 miles. This run felt a bit like work but then I haven't been able to run consistently enough to do 3 days in a row in a while. My shin is starting to hurt a little bit so I decided to take Friday and Saturday off before the 16 on Sunday.

Sunday - 16 down. now an 18 and a 20 then taper off and then the marathon!! I didn't run the whole way. But I completed the distance. It got to a point where my legs just cramped up. I'm sure not running last weekend didn't help. So I would walk till the cramps left and run again. I was very careful to run twice as far as each walk. There are benches on Bay Shore and I could keep track of the ratio.

Maybe I have hit my limit and this is how it will go. Maybe not. I will try with the 18 again this weekend. I'm ok with that. Running most of the 13 two weeks ago is more than I thought I would ever run. My goal was to finish. I am still above a pace that will get me swept on the day of the Marathon and I still seem to be in line to finish under 6 hours. I have to finish in under 7 to not get swept. I will try to run as much as I can and with running this week back on track maybe the 18 won't be as bad. Or it might but I'll get it all by running. Either way I'm ok with all of this. I can now run 5 miles on a regular basis and longer once in a while and that is the fitness level I would like to maintain.

One last thing. I'm really going to do a marathon, and this is honor of Randy. The deadline is coming up quick. Anyone who wants to sponsor me and has been just waiting a little bit may want to get that sort of thing in. You can sponsor me at my Team in Training page or you can send me a check made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If you need my address e-mail me at runnergirlfl@gmail.com.

3 comments:

JustRun said...

Nice job on the running- you are going to do it, you have trained and you'll complete your training and you'll do what it takes.
This is a tough time, mileage wise, for the body and mind and for things like nagging injuries and doubtful thoughts to start creeping in. Don't let them deter you, rest when you need it and put in the miles and you'll be fine!

Runner Girl FL said...

Thanks JR. I'm glad you keep reading!!

anne said...

I can't handle that I am sweating again when I go outside. It was nice here a week or so ago....oh well.