Monday, December 04, 2006

Favorite Things

So this weekend I didn't run my second 16 miles. I ran a fever on Friday and Saturday. Very low but a fever none the less. Lucy the Doctor said it was best if I didn't run and Mommy the Nurse said see how you feel but don't push it.

So when I woke up on Sunday with an icky tummy and figured that was that.

Thanks FireGuy for the plague!! (Gotta blame it on someone and he doesn't read blogs..hehe)

Therefore I'm lacking content, in leu of any real updates I thought I would share a review of the things that have become staples for me on this path to a marathon:

Brooks Shoes - Finally a pair that I like and in the brand I like most!!

WrightSocks - Again this is the answer to my blister issue!! Yippee

BodyGlide - this is the most useful invention since...um...SNEAKERS!!

UnderArmor – these are my favorite shirts. Long and short sleeves!! For sure my favorite! Not the scary tight ones the soft ones that fit like t-shirts. And I buy the mens so they look like regular t-shirts rather than workout shirts. In the Humid summer when it’s hot they dry quickly to keep you cool. In the winter they dry quickly to keep you from being cold and wet!! The long sleeves aren’t too heavy so when you warm up you aren’t miserable in sleeves.

Cheap Shorts – I’m sure there are people who swear by a fancy pair of running shorts. I think they were on sale at that discount store I don’t care for (that isn’t Target) a long time ago and they are fast drying and have the lining built in!! They are Starter brand and I really really like them!!

G-Shock – this isn’t really running equipment but I love my watch. It is set every night by the atomic clock and has a solar cell to recharge the battery on the face and it has a stop watch! Good enough for me! (Not to mention it’s red and black.. always a plus in my book)

Polorized Sunglasses – We get rain every afternoon on the coast of FL in the summer for just long enough to make the humidity stupid high and the glare on the roads blinding. These are a must. Also running on Bayshore Blvd. is better with the glare off the water cut.

Zen Nano Plus – MP3 player. When not running with FireGuy and making up silly games (Nuh uh, Uh huh, Nuh uh forever, Uh huh infinity) I gotta take the tunes!!

So….What are your favorite things? Did I leave anything out?

5 comments:

Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

Fire Guy is too LAME to read blogs. You should tell him I said that. =)

I don't know about the running stuff, but I agree that my mp3 player is one of my favorite things. As for the rest, I'd have to sit and think about it.

Alysoun said...

Fireguy (who you know I LOVE) KNOWS he has a computer, he's just not sure WHY. :)
My favorite things? Linen garb; new Who CD, the bowflex, the Pontaic G6 I am driving around as a rental....

Runner Girl FL said...

He knows why HE has the computer...

VIDEO GAMES!!

Good thing he has his priorities straight.

JustRun said...

Good decision, for sure! If there's anything running has taught me, it's listen to your body!
Also, I too am forever in debt to the inventor of Body Glide! haha!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have no need for them.. *cough*florida*cough*, but I use ear muffs that wrap around the back of my head (180s) because it's c-c-c-cold up in these mountains!

My favorite things though? My new heeled mary janes with the pointy toes, my black hat, my summer bag from coach, anything by Blackthorn, and winning the lottery. Not that that last part has happened, but I'm sure it'd be a favorite!