Monday, December 11, 2006

Internet Woes

Distance:~10        Time: ??:?? min    sunny  8:30 am
Temperature: 55 °F Humidity: 82% Pressure: 30.41 inches (rising)
Ok…so 10 miles after a light week of getting back in after last weeks being a little sick. I ran all of it except a few min when I saw some friends on a walk and walked with them. I hadn’t seen one of them in AGES!! It wasn’t even a quarter mile so I’m not too worried about it and it was in mile 2 so it wasn’t really much of an endurance rest.

Shins : Unhappy
Weather : very nice…unless you stop running
New shorts : Loved ‘em (they were on clearance)

Now…for today’s RANT!! I HATE ROAD RUNNER!! I wish anyone ANYONE else would come along and give me an internet connection!! My modem is dead….D-E-A-D DEAD! I call them and tell them something is wrong. They say it’s the modem so either I can schedule a technician to come out in a couple days and sit around and wait for him….but not on Sunday, or I can take the modem into one of their locations. Well the first time I can do that will be tomorrow!! This is stupid!! I had to wait days for them to come out to fix me last time and then they didn’t fix it and it was another couple days till they showed up to fix what they had “Fixed” the first time!!

Ok I’m done. But if you wonder why I fell off the planet…BLAME ROADRUNNER!! Lucky for them there isn’t a new episode of Heroes tonight or I would be very unhappy that I couldn’t download it!! 

I think I might feel better now….

I will be off to give finals tonight!! My students LOVE me…..(Not really)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, verizon isn't treating me much better. Booo to internet connections!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on running 10! And not because you haven't done that before but do you know how easy you made that sound?? Can you believe it? You have come a long way- celebrate that and don't forget it! Good job!

Also, sorry about the whacked out internet. I have occasional issues too and it's just SO frustrating.

Runner Girl FL said...

bre - boooo I'm with you

jr - SOOOO HOW DID IT GO?!?!

Anonymous said...

While that totally sucks, going into the service center is surprisingly easy. We (meaning "I" since I'm not the one with a real job) had to go to the service center and get a new remote because my darling husband fell asleep with it in his hand and it dropped in a glass of water where it spent the night. Long story short, they replaced it for free even though it was our fault and the whole thing took about 5 minutes.

PS-Google/Blogger won't log me in. This happened on another site yesterday. If you are going to hate someone, let it be Blogger.

Runner Girl FL said...

mb- Oh I have enough hate to go around for Blogger too don't you worry. And it is that easy IF, like you said, I didn't have a real job and IF when I got there they had a box for me. Last time this happened it took a coupld tries. "we just ran out...we will have more in the morning can you come then?!?!"

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME?!?!

Anonymous said...

OK...I had commented yesterday and this stupid blogger wouldn't post the comment. Granted it wasn't anything earth shattering. But now I don't remember what it was...ugh. Tho I don't know what is more painful...no internet or dial up. Arrrrgh!

Anonymous said...

The anonymous comment is from me...Girlgoyle cuz apparently google blogger blows today too.