Monday, January 29, 2007

365 Days

Lots of things have changed in a year. If you told me this is what it would be like a year ago I would not have believed you.

Randy passed away one year ago today. There is a post from that morning on this blog. I didn’t know it was his last day. I knew I would be soon.

There was a close circle around Randy, and a lot has happened with in that circle. One couple broke up….another one started, a third couple got married. One left the group to move on in life. Some in the circle have gone from Graduate Student to Ph.D. Candidate. One finished the Ph.D. Another finished the Masters. One ran (most of) a marathon. There was another go-round of Birthdays and Holidays.

Life goes on I guess. Things change. Things happen when they happen for a reason. This year has really shown me that.

Throughout the year there were many times when we all knew someone was missing. He would have been there for the Masters and Ph.D. defenses. He would have been there to play video games with the one in the break up. He would have been there to congratulate the marriage of the couple. He would have been there…

Randy…know that you are terribly missed!

4 comments:

JustRun said...

One of serveral thoughful tributes to your friend. I'm thinking of you and your circle of friends today.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you posted about this, I didn't have it in me. After Randy died I know neither of us wanted the world to keep turning without him in it. But this year brought about so many changes that it seems glaringly obvious what he wasn't here for. girlgolye is right, as long as we know what he would have done or thought, we keep him alive.

Anonymous said...

It's so very hard when you lose someone important in your life! I'll be thinking of you today!

Big Feet said...

it took me until now to be able to read it...I love the way that you are able to put words to what happened when I'm unable to even think about it. thanks.