Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to Normal? (if it was ever normal)

Distance: 4.6 miles   Time: Eternity     P. Cloudy 7:00 pm
Temp: 71 °F Humidity: 46% Pressure: 30:14 inches (holding)
So….For the first run in over a week it went well enough. FireGuy and I got a late start at ~7pm. They are always late starts. No matter how early we try, we can not ever seem to eat before 8pm, so it was close to that by the time we got to dinner last night after the run.

I’m a little sore today. My left calf is unhappy and my right knee was stiff when I woke up but that seemed to work itself out quickly. I’m sure these are just left over marathon issues that are healing and not new stuff.

So the holidays are over. I almost have the house back in order. I have projects to work on, the semester has started, and I have applied for a full time position at the College where I teach night classes. Next up fliers for my private tutoring.

Yea GATORS!! For soundly beating Ohio!! This made me very happy. It was the best football I got to watch all season!! FireGuy and I went to watch the game at a sports bar with the football guys that we haven’t seen nearly enough this football season.

So far I’m rooting for the Colts for the Super Bowl. I wanted NO to beat the Eagles (Sorry Bre) and they did, so that was good. As for the other games….well, FireGuy described them as watching two mules fighting over a turnip….might be interesting but he didn’t care which mule got the turnip. We ended up rooting for the Bears because we didn’t like the crap the announcers were giving Rex. He may not be a stellar QB but he wasn’t as bad as they were picking on!! So we were glad they one too.

Ok….So there is the Post Holiday catch-up…. Now back to your regularly scheduled posting.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Mr. Bears fan was a nervous wreck Sunday. You are right, Rex wasn't as bad as they were saying, but if I were a Bears fan I would be VERY uncomfortable. If the mood in my house didn't depend on the Bears performance I would totally root for the Saints. Alas, it's not worth the alternately cursing and pouting so it's GO BEARS for me!

To bad the Chargers got knocked out. I love L.T. and have been routing for them ever since that little Eli punk dissed them.

Runner Girl FL said...

MB- I thought about Mr. Bears fan alot on Sunday. :) LT did right by me in Fantacy this year so I was kinda expecting them to keep going....but really...one of the "mules"

anne said...

Okay we never eat before 8 either. Between work, exercise, dog walking etc, we are lucky if it is only 8.

Sorry, but - Geaux Saints!

Turtle said...

And Rex was a former... Gator!! Sorry, this town is still on a high....

Runner Girl FL said...

Syr Turtle - You don't think that escaped MY notice do you?

Runner Girl FL said...

eb - Eh...I'm ok with the Saints winning against the Eagles...but then anyone against the Eagles. :) I will have trouble with the Saints come the begining of next season again. GO BUCS!!

anne said...

While I am a Bucs fan, the Saints v. Bucs game is always a hard one and in this playoff go round, it is the Saints all the way. 'Cuz clearly the Bucs weren't makin' it. And how can I not root for them against the Bears?

JustRun said...

Good to "see" you. :) Way to get out there and run. I was going for NO all the way, they could have been playing anyone, I just wanted them to win.
Good luck with the app for the new position!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.