Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Marathon Recap

Mile 1.5 – First Water stop out of power aid!! This was to continue through out the race Approximately every water stop would be out of power aid IF they had anything to drink at all.

Mile 9 – First food stop….NO FOOD!! Nothing!! Should have been bananas and Oranges.

Mile 13.5 – No water, No PowerAde and second food stop….you guessed it….NO food!

~ Mile 14 – 15 No water again…promise next stop will have water…(Next stop had only water)

Mile 16+ - Third Food stop…..NO FOOD!! Nothing!! No Power Aid and No Cups so they just kinda poured the water on/in us.

Mile 19 – Fourth and final food stop…I got ½ a banana.

Mile 20.2 – Made the mark and didn’t get swept. Now my legs are so cramped I have to stop at first aid for “bio-freeze” and I made the sweep so I’m safe to stop. Oh…and First Aid…all out of Tylenol and ibuprofen.

Gee wonder why my muscles are cramping since mile 16 – could it be that there was nothing with electrolytes in it for most of the race?!?! Nah…

Mile 21 – Extra last minute added sweep. Less than a mile from the last one. I stopped to put on muscle rub and there for was behind. Got swept. Done. No Mickey Ears Medal.

N O T H A P P Y ! ! ! Not with me....Not with Disney.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

That being said TNT raised over 5.7 MILLION dollars for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society for this even alone!!

YEA TNT!!

5 comments:

Countess Dulcia MacPherson said...

I'm sorry that the marathon was a such a disappointment on all fronts. After all the training you did, it sucks that it ended that way.

Alysoun said...

I am with the Sheep - it does sucketh. HOWEVER, I am totally proud of you for doing this - you should take pride in that.

JustRun said...

Oh yuck and a half. I heard from several how disappointing this race was.
I'm so proud of you, for getting out there, in that heat, that humidity. After the few weeks you had before. And for getting out there at all! I'm so glad you shared this journey.

anne said...

That is terrible. My father had a similar experience one year in New Orleans and it left him in bad shape. How can such a big marathon fail like that?

Danielle said...

Just stumbled across your blog and had to comment after reading this...that royally sucks about the lack of food and powerade or anything. I think I had heard that from others too. And to have a "sweep" even after thinking you were clear...that's ridicuolous. If anything, with the conditions what they were (and lack of proper fuel at the stops) they should've extended time.