Thursday, May 24, 2007

8 Radom Things...

MagnetBabe is playing my letter game so I am going to play her 8 random facts game. I agree with her that it is hard to pick 8 things that are not already in my 100 things list….which as you know I cheated on anyway.

Eight random facts:

1.) I have a 55 gallon fish tank with 3 fish in it. 1 stripy banjo catfish, 1 neon, and 1 white angelfish. They have lots of swimming room. I have tried to buy other fish…they die. I don’t know why. These three have lived in there a long time.

2.) I seem to startle easily. But I (almost) always think it’s funny so it’s ok. As long as it’s not done to be mean. I tried to go shooting with some friends years ago. I thought I would like it. I’m noisy myself. I jumped every time a gun went off. IT’S A SHOOTING RANGE…LOTS OF GUNS GO OFF. I did get tired of that pretty quickly.

3.) I LOVE seafood!! I like crab, fish, shrimp, lobster, all of it. Not sooooo much for the raw stuff. Salmon with a blackberry sauce is my signature dish. It has 4 ingredients and takes 15-ish minutes to make. YUM!! (Everyone has LOVED it so far)

4.) I have mixed feelings on meeting my blogger friends. I have thought it would be cool to be your real friends. Then I’m like but it’s nice that these people and I can be complete strangers and still be friends. Does something change if you meet your penpal? I never had one. I do have “regular” friends that read and it’s kinda weird because then you talk about it twice…sorta.

5.) I see the question sometimes on blogs and memes “where do you see yourself in 10 years” and this makes me think sometimes. I have NO idea!! I didn’t have any Idea 10 years ago so I cannot imagine what 10 more would do. I knew where I was 10 years ago wasn’t permanent I knew the relationship wasn’t I knew the job wasn’t. I know 10 years ago I wasn’t very happy. I knew I wanted lots of things…they aren’t any of the things I have now. However I wouldn’t give up any of them. I wouldn’t give up FireGuy, my house, my kittens, my friends that I have made since then. I really now have a home in Tampa and I wouldn’t change that. 10 years ago I hadn’t been here very long and didn’t know if I was staying. But who knows maybe in 10 years I will live somewhere else and love it or maybe I will still be here loving it.

6.) The only think I hate about teaching is giving tests!! I have to sit still and be quiet. I am not very good at either activity. I either take a book to read or I take my lap top in and surf the net or blog or IM with friends while the students pull their hair out. Hehehe

7.) I want to be a paleontologist. If I won the lottery I would go back and get a degree in that from somewhere...I don't want to dig in Alaska or anything I just want to think about Dinosaurs all day long.

8.) I can’t go to bed if it’s noisy. Not because I can’t sleep through noise but because I am the biggest 4 year old on the planet and I can’t sleep for fear I am missing something. Remember when you were little your parents put you to bed and were really quiet in the other room till you were asleep. THEN they and their friends could have more fun. Yeah…that’s me. Good thing I can out last people most of the time. (Just try to keep up at a theme park!!)

Ok that’s 8. And it must make up for the sorta cheating ones in the 100 list. So I’m supposed to tag 8 people. If you have a blog and you haven’t done this and you have read it…then tag you are it. (If ya want to)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha ha, number 8 was funny. I know exactly what you mean and Dean is the same way. If he goes to bed before me and I have the TV on, I hear this little voice calling from the bedroom, "Watcha watching?"

I'm still working on the letter thing. Being a grown up totally sucks.

Anonymous said...

I got tagged with a letter too and it's sitting around half written. Sigh! Might have to wait a while for the 8 random things. I totally agree on your #5, I don't know what the heck I'm doing tomorrow let alone what is going to be going on 10 years from now! Yikes!!